BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I am new in this forum and need to help!!

I have 2006 e60 M5(U.S) 88000km on it.

About my car
1. Changed clutch a month ago.
2. need to change rear brake pad in 1000km
3. Changed 18-inch wheels and tires to 19-inch OEM wheels and tires.

After i switched my wheels and tires, flat-tire waring flash came up. So i reseted by i-drive on FTM menu. system was ok.
Had drove hard driving(10mins) on next day and all system was ok.

Few days later, when i hit the 7000 rpm, on i-drive shows "DSC Malfunction", "DBC Malfunction", "FTM Malfunction", "start assistance inactive". At 7k rpm, i felt like "fuel-cut" (gas was full in tank)
So, i turned off the car and started it. There was no flash came up. Hence i tried again to hit 7k rpm.
For this time, all above flash came on with "Increasing emission", yellow side-brake, "service engine soon".
I turned ignition off and re-started it to see if all signs are gone. All signs were gone except "Increasing emission".
It was cleared very next day.

Does anyone can help me??:(
I've researched all similar issue but i couldn't find it.( 1.I don't have "reduce power" flash. 2.All system is ok when i drive under 7000rpm)

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Had same exact symptoms. Mine turned out to be the throttle actuators.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I'm 95% sure it's either a throttle actuator or idle actuator. They are 2 separate parts and you have 1 of each on each bank of your engine. I've been through it with both. Get your car scanned and it will identify the specific part and bank. IIRC idle actuators were about $1000 and throttle actuators were $1800 to replace.

-TZ

Reactions: SuckaGDog

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$tealers told me that Crankshaft posiontion sensor($200) has been worn down. He said, it will worn down again if i just replace sensor.
They want to charge me $300 more to check and see transmission. However another dealer told me that it will not possibly worn down if i replace it.
Should i pay $300 only to check transmission or should i just replace the sensor?

If my new sensor is broken again, it's just wasting money $200 for the sensor....

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
$tealers told me that Crankshaft posiontion sensor($200) has been worn down. He said, it will worn down again if i just replace sensor.
They want to charge me $300 more to check and see transmission. However another dealer told me that it will not possibly worn down if i replace it.
Should i pay $300 only to check transmission or should i just replace the sensor?

If my new sensor is broken again, it's just wasting money $200 for the sensor....
Is it the crankshaft sensor or clutch position sensor?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[Solved] It was flywheel problem.

Thanks to all of you.

Mine was flywheel issue. About 3 months ago, clutch has beed replaced at private local shop.
Service dealer told me that when the car repleaced the clutch, there may have small pin or somthing that has been broken and
placed in the transmission. So that it may touched position sensor as well as flywheel.

So, i had to replace flywheel and clutch both of them.. How wasting money for replacing clutch.:(
Anyway my car is now perfect condition and can let go until 8350 rpm. :)

Since BMW Korea having free winter service promotion at this time,(above $2000 estimation can discount 20% off)
Paid about $2700 for flywheel & clutch & labor.

Is this good price?

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Thanks to all of you.

Mine was flywheel issue. About 3 months ago, clutch has beed replaced at private local shop.
Service dealer told me that when the car repleaced the clutch, there may have small pin or somthing that has been broken and
placed in the transmission. So that it may touched position sensor as well as flywheel.

So, i had to replace flywheel and clutch both of them.. How wasting money for replacing clutch.:(
Anyway my car is now perfect condition and can let go until 8350 rpm. :)

Since BMW Korea having free winter service promotion at this time,(above $2000 estimation can discount 20% off)
Paid about $2700 for flywheel & clutch & labor.

Is this good price?
From what I understand, $2700 USD is a great price for a clutch and flywheel job from a dealer.

·
Registered
549 Posts
idle accuators .. i had the same problem only when hard acceleration .

or maybe your throttle acuators .. you are not alone ;) normally m5 problem

1 - 12 of 12 Posts