BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have super sprint mufflers on my 2000 m5, they came with the vehicle when I purchased it, I love the sound when the Rpms get up there but under 2500 the drone isn't too good for somebody with 2 small children. Anybody have any recommendations for a droneless exhaust?
Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have 3 young ones and the Corsa exhaust works for me. The least drone I have experienced in having other cars with exhaust systems. On the flip side at high rpm WOT it gets a little raspy. I would prefer more growl less rasp but hey, at $1100 for a full cat back with x-pipe I really can't complain.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Rogue Engineering

·
Registered
273 Posts
I currently have super sprint mufflers on my 2000 m5, they came with the vehicle when I purchased it, I love the sound when the Rpms get up there but under 2500 the drone isn't too good for somebody with 2 small children. Anybody have any recommendations for a droneless exhaust?
Thanks

Which ones are you running?
Supersprint race or magnum?
Also is it just mufflers or do you have anything else such as x pipe??

·
Registered
497 Posts
Tubi is the way to go. However, you might want to consider the set up I have. RPI section 1 with stock mufflers. You can hear the V10 note very well without the drone or obnoxious noise. Very pleased with this set up. I've noticed some heads turning so it has great sound but no drone what so ever.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would you recommend any particular xpipe other than the supersprint? I unfortunately don't have the factory. Also would any of you recommend a good headers, xpipe set upto go with the supersprint to help boost the power? I've never imagined putting different exhaust pieces together but it seems like that is somewhat of the norm with the m5

·
Registered
273 Posts
Lose the x pipe!
Find used oe part if you can.
I have a complete original exhaust but I am in Scotland which is a bit far.
If you must have an x pipe then go for a resonated one. I think Rogue do one but don't expect it to be completely drone free but it will less drone than what you have.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Are you still looking for OEM resonators in place of the x-pipe? I'd be willing to trade but my m5 is my daily driver so I'd have to have the x-pipe in order to cut the stock system out. If you'd like to work something out please pm me or email me at [email protected].

Thank you
- Ray

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sorry Ray- I never saw this post. I'm working with what I have for now. If I decide to possibly sell/trade the pipes I will let you know.
Thanks
No problem bud! Hope everything works out for you. But offer is always on the table. Unless I get an X pipe that is hahahaha.

Thank you
- Ray

1 - 16 of 16 Posts