BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every year some old friends of mine from across the country get together for a "guys weekend out", usually 3-4 days over the Columbus Day weekend to do something fun away from kids and spouses. For this coming gathering I was thinking of doing a one or two day performance driving school or introduction to racing fairly close to a city in the US or Canada with some other sites or fun things to do. (Fun =pretty amorphous but for us is a combination of some tourist sites, outdoor hiking, comedy clubs, bars, clubs etc.) Unfortunately this past year we did Vegas which also had the Derek Daly driving Academy nearby, so that is not an option. Any other suggestions? It would be great if we could get a fairly high level driving school like Skip Barber or Bondurant but I am not familiar enough with their locations or nearby cities to know anything of interest. I am in the Portland, Ore. area and we have a great local track here, Portland International Raceway and a good driving school (ProDrive), but I would prefer not to do our gathering in my own "backyard." Any thoughts or has anyone done something similar? Thanks for any help you can provide.

/Rich

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mont Tremblant 1.5 hours north of Montreal has a wonderful track and an advanced driving school. There is lots of activities as you mentioned above (hiking, golf, spas, etc.) as it's a ski resort in the winter. Jacques Villeneuve attended the school there I believe.

And of course, I can't say enough about Montreal as a city in the summer time if you've never been. Absolutely one of the best cities in North America for nightlife and restaurants.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts