BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have seen several pics lately of E60 M5's with driving lights set in the ducts in the front bumper........since I am only fairly recently back into the M5's figured I would tap the collective knowledge of the list.....I will assume their is one brand that is the "One" to have? Is their one that is "Made" for our M5's? I like the look and am sure the extra lighting is nice.....what's the story guys?

Chris

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, after a bit of searching I see AngeliBright sells a kit....it "Says" EASY to install......but no details.....how easy? Do I have to "Add" a switch inside the cabin?

·
Registered
216 Posts
M5 Ducts

I believe the ducts for the M5 is required to be open and not blocked with a driving light so the engine can breath better. I dont think it's a good idea to close up the ducts with a fog/driving light.

Best Regards,

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Are you sure it's an M5 or a 550i? The latter has the look of the M5 front bumper.
Yeah, you could have seen pics of regular E60s with the M Tech body kit. Those all have foglights. The only M5 I've seen with aftermarket foglights installed is Bluewater's car. His lights are pretty small though so it doesn't block the whole brake duct inlet.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhhhhhh, Im sure you guys are right......cool, thanks

·
Registered
3,176 Posts

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Yep, the Hamann full front bumper comes with ellipsoid foglights/driving lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts