BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just called BMW Customer Service to compain about total lack of contact from my dealer. Phone rings 1/2 hour later and it's the dealer asking me if I want to pop down to drive their just arrived demo :thumbsup:

It's just being valeted now. I'm taking my camera. Expect pics later :cheers:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Maybe your dealer "forgot" about you since you ordered your car so long ago. You'd better check that they have everything in order.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Just got back and I'm impressed. Although I didn't give it "full death" I was able to drive it fairly briskly for about 30 minutes mainly twisty A and B roads. Here's a quick summary.

First impressions are of a very understated vehicle. The front spoiler/bumper is almost identical to that of the Sport but is a one piece assembly. The interior is spacious and as with all 5's very minimalist. A big change from the E39.

Fire up the engine and it sounds .... a bit rubbish really. Just another car engine sound. Pull away and the SMG box is very smooth, drop the hammer and woooaaaaahhh what a noise. That V10 sings. Heads-up display is low and crystal clear. Makes perfect sense now having driven the car.

Started to push it through the bends and discovered the very essence of what this car is all about. Its roadholding, handling and sheer stability are nothing less than incredible. This feels more balanced and surefooted than my old 575M Maranello. It reminds me of how I felt when I first pushed my E39, but a whole order of magnitude better. This is a car you could drive very fast indeed. A true sports car with the body of a family saloon. Impressive :haha:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Mark,

Glad you managed to get a ride. They were obviously keen to make you happy as it is not launched until tomorrow!!

What did you think of Interlagos Blue?

Cheers

John

·
Registered
78 Posts
What did you make of the colour combination ? I have ordered Intelagos with Silverstone.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually really liked the Interlagos Blue but it does look very different in and out of sunlight (bright blue to dark blue). My dealer did say that Interlagos Blue was by far the most popular choice so if you've ordered that colour you won't be alone.

The colour combination looks good but I like dark interiors. Black is the only colour I would consider on an M car.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Lucky you.

I was watching the pic's you took and I noticed a small difference for the RHD car in the lay-out of the panel and the buttons around the SMG handle. In the LHD the upper three buttons are lined up, in this RHD the buttons are more scattered and different positioned.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Was the car equiped with the comfort seats? looked like that...
Almost every democar I've seen has been Interlalagos blue/ silverstone II or Sapphire black/black!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seats were 4MA M Multi-Function seats.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Thanks for the report and the pics. I like the Silverstone interior with Interlagos, although I am concerned about up keep. It would appear that Interlagos is either really dark or quite bright depending on the lighting.
Thanks again. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Oh MAN! I'm so jealous! LUCKY you!!! thats my combination M5! I would get one in those colors.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
markf said:
Spie,which dealer was it ? I might venture down to cheshire to try it ?
Blue Bell in Crewe.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
phille said:
Was the car equiped with the comfort seats? looked like that...
Almost every democar I've seen has been Interlalagos blue/ silverstone II or Sapphire black/black!!
Phille - please be aware that Comfort Seats (456) will NOT be available for the E60 M5.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thanks Spie. Unfortunately I've ordered mine from a demo-less dealer :-(

It looked a brightish day (by NW UK standards!). Does the HUD work fine in bright light?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jfm said:
Thanks Spie. Unfortunately I've ordered mine from a demo-less dealer :-(

It looked a brightish day (by NW UK standards!). Does the HUD work fine in bright light?
Yep, HUD works fine and seems unnafected by ambient light.

Dealer says I can have the car for a full day in a fortnight. Will give it a proper evaluation then :1:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I know sorry, I mean't the "M multifunction sets" :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts