BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used the search function and read what is "usually" involved with the drivetrain malfunction error. Here is my sob story and it sounds familiar to the others. Brought the beast in for its 1200 mile checkup (I'm sure my baby had to turn its head and cough but I digress) and drove it the 1.5 miles home. Went out 3 hours later and got the error.

I am pretty ticked off and would suspect that this kink would have been worked out by now. I am getting up early tomorrow and will throw them the key and tell them to fix it.

I will update after I hear back from them. Ugh, so frustrated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I have used the search function and read what is "usually" involved with the drivetrain malfunction error. Here is my sob story and it sounds familiar to the others. Brought the beast in for its 1200 mile checkup (I'm sure my baby had to turn its head and cough but I digress) and drove it the 1.5 miles home. Went out 3 hours later and got the error.

I am pretty ticked off and would suspect that this kink would have been worked out by now. I am getting up early tomorrow and will throw them the key and tell them to fix it.

I will update after I hear back from them. Ugh, so frustrated.
Please describe the events surrounding the error? Where you WOT & at speed, did the car stutter/make any noises as the error surfaced?

If the same as mine & a few others, although it shouldn't affect MY15 cars which i'm guessing yours is? it is caused by contaminants in the fuel rail & is a manufacturing defect. The dealer will likely suggest swapping injectors, but if the same as mine (search & you'll see the relevant threads) this will be pointless & the fault will remain.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please describe the events surrounding the error? Where you WOT & at speed, did the car stutter/make any noises as the error surfaced?
Sadly all I did was hit the start button so I could back out of the garage.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Sadly all I did was hit the start button so I could back out of the garage.
Probably not the same fault as mine then & like i said, if your's is a MY15 then it will have the revised Fuel Rail.

Good luck getting it sorted & let us know what the diagnosis is?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick update. The dealership called today and said that the problem is the software associated with the 1200 mile service, but they are having trouble getting it to install. Even commented that it failed the first time and are trying it again. I am guessing here, but think this might be the first 1200 mile service on an F10 that my dealership has done. They are hopeful for a tomorrow delivery and will update from there.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Quick update. The dealership called today and said that the problem is the software associated with the 1200 mile service, but they are having trouble getting it to install. Even commented that it failed the first time and are trying it again. I am guessing here, but think this might be the first 1200 mile service on an F10 that my dealership has done. They are hopeful for a tomorrow delivery and will update from there.
I'm surprised they've diagnosed a Software error & what new software did they apply at the 1200 service as surely it's just an oil change & check over? The only computer intervention may be to reset the next service indicator but i can't think of anything else unless a Software update was required for other reasons.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe it just looked like they updated the software, but Nav screen area looked different. They did an oil change and a differential fluid change and reset the service indicator. I am assuming that it is now hooked up to Germany and they are analyzing things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts