BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allo M5ers

I have had my M5 for almost 4 years now and while the passenger side mirror flips down when reverse is engaged, the drivers side does not.

This may seem like a silly question, but should it? There is cerianly no mechanical noise from the driver's side mirror when reverse in engaged.

Thanks

Marto.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
No it shouldn't move.

The passenger side mirror moves down to allow you to see the kerb whilst reversing to park. You can also negate this by moving the mirror switch over to the drivers side, then no mirrors move at all.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I thought this feature was to have a good look, when you reverse, at the cars you have just crushed after overtaking :)

I must avoid too much early morning caffeine !

·
Registered
595 Posts
No it shouldn't move.

The passenger side mirror moves down to allow you to see the kerb whilst reversing to park. You can also negate this by moving the mirror switch over to the drivers side, then no mirrors move at all.
Its a useful aid I think!

·
Registered
275 Posts
If you don't want the mirror to move when putting the beast in reverse just have the control switch to that mirror. I think most of us leave the control on the drivers side just from the habit of adjusting as driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts