BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys,
I need some input.

I've been noticing a big difference in drivers seat height between my '07 M5 and '00 540i sport.

When at Pocono Raceway, the pros taught us the seat height should be high enough where the top of your head should be about an inch and a half to two inches below the roof line.

I have that setup in my 540. However, the seat height will not go that high in the M5.

Rallye told me they will not touch the seat height due to any legal responsibility.

Is there any additional adjustment that can be made to raise the drivers seat?

Thanx,

Brett

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Yes, Park yur arse on a pillow..........don't listen to anybody but yourself on height of seat.....straightness and proximity to steering wheel are most important...
. BOOMER, why is this posted under northeast forum ??

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have my seat adjusted as high as possible as well and would like to go up a few inches higher. As it is I had to change me preferred seat angle to see the HUD clearly (this is up as high as possible). Interesting that the 540 is different.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes, Park yur arse on a pillow..........don't listen to anybody but yourself on height of seat.....straightness and proximity to steering wheel are most important...
. BOOMER, why is this posted under northeast forum ??
You're right I should move the post.
Moderator,
Can you delete this post.

I posted it up on the E60 discussion board.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts