BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is beating a dead horse, but hear me out!

I've tried every suggestion under the sun that I've seen on the forum:
- put the windows all the way down, one-touch down for 17 seconds, then one-touch up until window cycles by itself (it didn't)
- same as above but for 5 seconds
- same as above but for 20 seconds
etc etc etc. I've mad sure to highlight the malfunction on the services page as well. We even swapped out the motor/regulator assembly but to no avail. I've also noticed that the anti-trap function disabled warning comes up as two separate warnings for me: once going down AND one coming up (I've seen two instances in the service window so I know I'm not crazy saying that haha)

What else could it be? I've read the switch could be faulty as well: are we talking about the door controller, or an anti-trap function switch specifically?

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
579 Posts
I believe anti trap is set by current draw of motor. So there must be too much resistance, that could mean a lot of things. Window has a bind or wiring has some form of corrosion. But I would try flashing the door module with winkfp and see if it will relearn. after that part swapping is inevitable. I’ve had an 540 with a bad pass door module it would do some strange things to the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts

• put the windows all the way down, one-touch down for 17 seconds, then one-touch up until window cycles by itself (it didn't)
  • same as above but for 5 seconds
  • same as above but for 20 seconds
etc etc etc. I've mad sure to highlight the malfunction on the services page as well. We even swapped out the motor/regulator assembly but to no avail. I've also noticed that the anti-trap function disabled warning comes up as two separate warnings for me: once going down AND one coming up (I've seen two instances in the service window so I know I'm not crazy saying that haha)

What else could it be? I've read the switch could be faulty as well: are we talking about the door controller, or an anti-trap function switch specifically?

Hello, I have the same problem. Could you find a solution? I have been doing it for 6 months.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe anti trap is set by current draw of motor. So there must be too much resistance, that could mean a lot of things. Window has a bind or wiring has some form of corrosion. But I would try flashing the door module with winkfp and see if it will relearn. after that part swapping is inevitable. I’ve had an 540 with a bad pass door module it would do some strange things to the car.

• put the windows all the way down, one-touch down for 17 seconds, then one-touch up until window cycles by itself (it didn't)
  • same as above but for 5 seconds
  • same as above but for 20 seconds

Hello, I have the same problem. Could you find a solution? I have been doing it for 6 months.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Need to know which windows are setting the code. Have someone scan the car. Most of the time it’s the drivers door module. But I’ve had it be the sunroof too. Usually someone has replaced a door module without coding it to the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Need to know which windows are setting the code. Have someone scan the car. Most of the time it’s the drivers door module. But I’ve had it be the sunroof too. Usually someone has replaced a door module without coding it to the car.
the left driver window gives 2 errors and what i did was not gone i could not reach a friend at the top, he had the same problem but he did not write a solution

·
Registered
579 Posts
Do you know anyone with ista or inpa? Your problem is the window switch or module. Sometimes you can reset with a scanner but I usually will code it from cas module and then do anti trap learn. If that doesn’t work I then will replace window switch. I’ve also had the passenger door module cause same problem without throwing a code. I’d guess that someone has installed something that was not coded correctly for your car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you know anyone with ista or inpa? Your problem is the window switch or module. Sometimes you can reset with a scanner but I usually will code it from cas module and then do anti trap learn. If that doesn’t work I then will replace window switch. I’ve also had the passenger door module cause same problem without throwing a code. I’d guess that someone has installed something that was not coded correctly for your car.
we tried with the ista, the window is coming down, it is going down, it is coming down againeverybody has 1 error i got 2 errors i did not solve frm i did not change i changed the engine again did not happen

·
Registered
579 Posts
So it was the “learn” procedure. Totally forgot about asking that question. All the problems I’ve had were directly related to improper coding. Congrats on an easy fix.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts