BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I washed my car yesterday, I noticed my driver side rear footwell was wet. The mat was soak and the floor carpet had gotten wet as well, fortunately not totally soaked.

I know the window was closed, as well as the door. All the door seals and window seals look great, I don't know how water got in there. Is there something I should physically check as oppoesd to just visual inspections?

I don't know if I have this problem when it rains, since I would have never thought to check, but I will next time the car is in a downpour.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had the problem too with a previous car of mine. At first sight nothing was wrong but I brought it in for a check-up and they told me the front-window was the cause. It wasn't waterproof anymore at the top of the window. It wasn't too expensive (can't remember the exact price though).

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have noises in both of my front doors. I think it's stuff loose in the door itself, so I assume the dealer may pull those panels off. Those need to be resealed properly just like the rear doors, yes? I'm worried about them screwing all the doors up if they go pulling them off, and me having more water leakage problems them I currently do.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just discovered BOTH my rear doors are causing water to leak into the cabin. The driver side worse then the passenger. Will hopefully have this fixed Monday.

But my question is, do the front doors have the same type of vapor barrier/weather sealing that needs to be done like the rear doors, or do they not accumulate water in the same fashion?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Yes, Front and rear doors have the same kind of seal (vapor barrier/sound insulation panel).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts