BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Driver seat stuck

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  richku1 
#1 ·
Anyone know how to move the drivers seat forward when the power seat buttons dont work? I need to replace the power seat electronics by removing the drivers seat, but can't move the seat foward to get to the rear bolts. I did some searching and found nothing. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Have you double checked the fuse?

#4 ·
Anyone know how to move the drivers seat forward when the power seat buttons dont work? I need to replace the power seat electronics by removing the drivers seat, but can't move the seat foward to get to the rear bolts. I did some searching and found nothing. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Have you tried the Memory buttons?
Also try with a different key fob.

#6 ·
You need to access the module under the seat and look at the wiring diagram to see which connectors to jump to close the circuit to get the seat to move.

If your motor is dead, you are in for some serious work. (I had that problem) you need to disassemble the seat bottom as much as you can and the get at the wire cables that drive the worm gears in the seat rails. You can turn them by hand or drill. Then you can access the bolts and remove the seat. This could easily take 3 hrs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.