BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been seeing many pictures of the interior of the E60 M5 driver's seat having a crease on the middle cushion. I find it annoying and unsightly. Do you have that problem?

My steering lock warning light comes on occasionally when I try to start the car. I could not figure out for a long time. Finally I was able to figure out that it is a remote locking issue with the keyless entry. So now I just get out of the car. Lock and then unlock the car. This gets rid of the warning. But I still don't know exactly how to avoid this issue entirely. Am I doing something wrong when I get out of the car?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I have a crease on the middle cushion also. Its not too bad, but bad enough to bother me. I'm guessing there is nothing we can do about that issue though

·
Registered
867 Posts
If you wriggle around in the seat to make sure the leather is flat under you when you get in you won't get a crease - I don't have one although when new it was showing signs of developing one

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Seem to recall that at least one person has gotten the whole seat replaced. Known problem, with a few threads from 2006 or 2007 running around the archives.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I have noticed that the vented seat cushions get creased more than non vent seats.

Mine is heavily wrinkled.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have been seeing many pictures of the interior of the E60 M5 driver's seat having a crease on the middle cushion. I find it annoying and unsightly. Do you have that problem?

I've never seen it. I am around 180 myself, my wife is 120, but we both have notice warping of the vented leather cushion on both front seats. We dont drive everyday, or for long distances, but I have a feeling it'll happen since vented seats are thinner leather material.

Someone was able to get the steering wheel leather and the seat leather changed under warranty due to excessive wear. Put on pair of stiff jeans and scuff up the leather so that the outer layer is worn and I bet they would replace it under warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts