BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive done a lot of googling around and cant seem to find any diy for the e63 in regards to door hand and cable issues/repair. long story short. my door wont open on my m6 from the outside only. took off the door cover from the inside but most the cables and stuff is cover by the door metal frame. its like almost impossible to reach anything. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
573 Posts
ive done a lot of googling around and cant seem to find any diy for the e63 in regards to door hand and cable issues/repair. long story short. my door wont open on my m6 from the outside only. took off the door cover from the inside but most the cables and stuff is cover by the door metal frame. its like almost impossible to reach anything. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks
Have a look here, it might give you a start. You can see the parts, the cables etc. RealOEM.com Â* BMW E63 650i FRONT DOOR CONTROL/DOOR LOCK

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so ive managed to remove the the outside door handle but i need to remove the internals behind the handle, there is so little rooms and vision of this area and im finding almost impossible to remove it. there has to be some sort of pictures on how to be able to replace it or something, im almost at the point where im about the pull out a metal cutter and cut out enough metal to make space for the part to come out, any help is appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Attached are some TIS instructions. I just quickly uploaded them, but have not read them.
I hope they are helpful.

Post some pictures of the interior of your door as you perform your repair. Other members might have some useful comments, and might help others in the future.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Attached are some TIS instructions. I just quickly uploaded them, but have not read them.
I hope they are helpful.

Post some pictures of the interior of your door as you perform your repair. Other members might have some useful comments, and might help others in the future.
thanks so much, ill let you know if it works out, thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah so the guides didnt exactly help, none of them say how to remove the assembly from the inside of the door.if i cant figure it out by tonight i might jus cut out some of the metal from the door as bad as that sounds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts