BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So randomly driving down the street from my house and bam, “Drive moderately. Increased steering effort required” warning light pops up. Steering becomes extremely firm and hard to turn. Checked all steering/suspension settings, all set to comfort. Pulled up to my house, turned the car off, min or 2 later, started it back up, no warning light. Steering back to normal with no difficulty. A day later, normal cruising, did a 0-60 pull, warning light comes back on, steering difficult to turn. I’ve only had the car 2 months, and it just hit 52k miles. Any idea on what’s going on? From what i understand, the steering is electric so this wouldn’t be a power steering problem. Any thoughts/inputs before I bring it in to bmw?

‘15 m5

Attachments

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
The car still uses a power steering pump and rack and pinion. There is electric assist. I would also suggest starting with codes. Could be a sensor going out. Then they turn off the assist so you don't ignore the problem. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
So randomly driving down the street from my house and bam, “Drive moderately. Increased steering effort required” warning light pops up. Steering becomes extremely firm and hard to turn. Checked all steering/suspension settings, all set to comfort. Pulled up to my house, turned the car off, min or 2 later, started it back up, no warning light. Steering back to normal with no difficulty. A day later, normal cruising, did a 0-60 pull, warning light comes back on, steering difficult to turn. I’ve only had the car 2 months, and it just hit 52k miles. Any idea on what’s going on? From what i understand, the steering is electric so this wouldn’t be a power steering problem. Any thoughts/inputs before I bring it in to bmw?

‘15 m5
how did you solve this problem?
I’m having the same exact problem but I have a f30 335i

1 - 4 of 4 Posts