BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Long time lurker and recently a new member. After many many years of wanting one, I finally got my hands on a 2000 Titan silver E39 M5!!

I am delighted to have it and I got it for a great price as it needs some love. Previous owner ragged it and put on cheap track suspension. It has the usual rust issues under the wheel arches, door bases, fuel filler and a pillars. But with some careful love and some €€€ it will be brought back to life.

On the up side it has an Eisenmann race exhaust system from the cats back and is mechanically sound...bore scoped, compression tested and codes read, cleared and reread.

One issue it has is a tired vanos system. The car has done 100,000 miles and has the usual diesel rattle but is not throwing up any fault codes.

I am going to replace all the rubber seals and address the rattle. The question is which way to go.

I can go either route being; Dr Vanos or Beisan Systems. I have heard good stories relating to both. However cost issues aside I cannot seem to see any merit of one over the other.

Can all the gurus' present offer some advice.

Thanks

Goodbob

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
The two are not really the same although Dr Vanos does it all including the B kit from my understanding. I don't think your question is well formatted.
Better put deal with the vanos board issues first, I guess you could call that Dr. Vanos but would suggest you DIY with any skills at all.
If that does not cure your Ills then I would suggest a mechanical inspection depending on codes and tests. The B kit only deals with the main vanos piston which has specific codes and systems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts