BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around for grilles and I noticed that our eastern friends manufacture double slated grilles for E63. Since none of the listings have good quality photos, maybe some fellow member is running them and is willing to share the result?

Photo courtesy of google images:
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Rim Peripheral Font

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Please don't.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I got the double slat grille from Amazon (shipped from China, took like 3 weeks) and it surprisingly fit right in and had no gaps. I have no complaints on it except that the description had both gloss black and real carbon in the description. Upon closer reading it seemed to allege to be real carbon that was finished in gloss black but lets be real its just plastic...which I'm fine with. So my main suggestion would be to buy one that has some sort of reviews that confirm that it shows up the way its been represented in whatever place you're looking to buy it.

To my fellow Texan's point, I am severely lacking in taste or subtlety and I'm totally fine with that. The newer design parts on older cars is not for everyone but if you like it go for it. The good news is you can just keep your old chrome single slats and they're really easy to change out if you end up not liking it. That being said I absolutely HATE chrome on most cars and in my misguided youth decided to plasti-dip my original chrome grilles matte black. It worked fine for a few years but I decided it was time to start refining all the dumb things I had done I ended up going with the double slats because I just wanted something new. Honestly I don't really notice most of the time except for the fact that it looks much cleaner in gloss instead of matte.

Mine is an E60 so not exactly what you're looking for but here is a pic with the new grille:

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I got the double slat grille from Amazon (shipped from China, took like 3 weeks) and it surprisingly fit right in and had no gaps. I have no complaints on it except that the description had both gloss black and real carbon in the description. Upon closer reading it seemed to allege to be real carbon that was finished in gloss black but lets be real its just plastic...which I'm fine with. So my main suggestion would be to buy one that has some sort of reviews that confirm that it shows up the way its been represented in whatever place you're looking to buy it.

To my fellow Texan's point, I am severely lacking in taste or subtlety and I'm totally fine with that. The newer design parts on older cars is not for everyone but if you like it go for it. The good news is you can just keep your old chrome single slats and they're really easy to change out if you end up not liking it. That being said I absolutely HATE chrome on most cars and in my misguided youth decided to plasti-dip my original chrome grilles matte black. It worked fine for a few years but I decided it was time to start refining all the dumb things I had done I ended up going with the double slats because I just wanted something new. Honestly I don't really notice most of the time except for the fact that it looks much cleaner in gloss instead of matte.

Mine is an E60 so not exactly what you're looking for but here is a pic with the new grille:

View attachment 956486
As you said I was looking for an M6, but either way big thanks for the input :) I think I will order both of them since two pairs of (double slated and normal) will cost me similiar amount to one pair of used ones.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Mine came with it when I purchased. Fit’s perfectly which is the reason I haven’t changed it and honestly like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These are 9.5 x 20 ET26 and 10.5 x 20 ET28, right? Are you running them without spacers :O?

Regarding original topic I just got mine after a week from Aliexpress. They were shipped from Czech Republic and cost 41$ (shipping included). Plastic is a little bit wavy, but it is definitely okayish enough quality for my current build state (I don't even have bumper to fit them).

Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Gas
Tableware Hood Automotive lighting Grille Kitchen utensil

·
Registered
455 Posts
I’m running spacers because the tires rub not the wheels.

I’m running 265/35/20 and 295/30/20. If I ran 255/35 in the front maybe could work without spacers. The rears fit regardless of spacers or not and had room for bigger tires but no point beyond 295 section width on a 10.5” wide rim.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’m running spacers because the tires rub not the wheels.

I’m running 265/35/20 and 295/30/20. If I ran 255/35 in the front maybe could work without spacers. The rears fit regardless of spacers or not and had room for bigger tires but no point beyond 295 section width on a 10.5” wide rim.
Judging by the looks 10mm?

·
Registered
455 Posts
No because the Pirelli Pzero have this rim protection design the edges have this extra lip so I put 20mm front and 12.5mm rear to match the front look.

It sits like 1-2mm inside the edge of the fenders now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 12 of 12 Posts