BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm screwed... have been following up with BMW on my week 36 order for a while now. When I confimed the specs I focused on the bigger options and they said I had the "wood trim" option. Today I learned that the wood trim was the lighter Olive Ash (4MK) instead of the Walnut Madeira (4ME) that I had requested to go with my black interior!!! The light/dark combo will be way too much contrast for my taste. Wish I had just stuck with the Aluminum as it is apparently too late to correct my order.

any suggestions???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
Kelly777 said:
I think I'm screwed... have been following up with BMW on my week 36 order for a while now. When I confimed the specs I focused on the bigger options and they said I had the "wood trim" option. Today I learned that the wood trim was the lighter Olive Ash (4MK) instead of the Walnut Madeira (4ME) that I had requested to go with my black interior!!! The light/dark combo will be way too much contrast for my taste. Wish I had just stuck with the Aluminum as it is apparently too late to correct my order.

any suggestions???
Maybe you could do a trade but the only other option is to order all new pieces
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,159 Posts
Kelly777 said:
I think I'm screwed... have been following up with BMW on my week 36 order for a while now. When I confimed the specs I focused on the bigger options and they said I had the "wood trim" option. Today I learned that the wood trim was the lighter Olive Ash (4MK) instead of the Walnut Madeira (4ME) that I had requested to go with my black interior!!! The light/dark combo will be way too much contrast for my taste. Wish I had just stuck with the Aluminum as it is apparently too late to correct my order.

any suggestions???
Since it is your dealer's fault, they should order the darker wood trim from their parts department and install it in your car. This way you don't have to wait for a new car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
EBuyuk said:
Since it is your dealer's fault, they should order the darker wood trim from their parts department and install it in your car. This way you don't have to wait for a new car.
I agree. That's what my dealer did when they screwed up and ordered the wrong trim on my X5... they ate the cost of ordering the proper trim pieces separately and even did a car pickup/drop-off/loaner swap at my home to spare me the inconvenience of driving to the dealership for the installation. That's how it should work if they mess up at your expense.

Speaking of trim swap, I'm entertaining the idea of having my dealer swap out the stock trim for the anthracite maple found on the non-M E60's for the invoice cost of the parts. My dealer suggested this a while ago when I commented on how boring the interior trim selections were for the M5. I really dig that anthracite maple... love it on my X5 and the pattern of the grain as found on the E60 is even better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
masmole said:
I agree. That's what my dealer did when they screwed up and ordered the wrong trim on my X5... they ate the cost of ordering the proper trim pieces separately and even did a car pickup/drop-off/loaner swap at my home to spare me the inconvenience of driving to the dealership for the installation. That's how it should work if they mess up at your expense.

Speaking of trim swap, I'm entertaining the idea of having my dealer swap out the stock trim for the anthracite maple found on the non-M E60's for the invoice cost of the parts. My dealer suggested this a while ago when I commented on how boring the interior trim selections were for the M5. I really dig that anthracite maple... love it on my X5 and the pattern of the grain as found on the E60 is even better.
That's not a bad idea, should look into getting Piano Black as well..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,086 Posts
With this car being so "hot",I don't think your Dealer will cooperate.
Most probable it will be a case of take it or leave it.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
469 Posts
absent said:
With this car being so "hot",I don't think your Dealer will cooperate.
Most probable it will be a case of take it or leave it.....
If it was indeed their fault, they should fix it no matter what the demand is... you are paying a lot for this car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,886 Posts
StealthBlue said:
If it was indeed their fault, they should fix it no matter what the demand is... you are paying a lot for this car.
The problem is, the dealer can say "fine, don't pay for it, someone else will". Unless you have a really close relationship with the dealer, I'm afraid that's what they'll say. Then, they'll offer to put your correct order in for delivery at some later date.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,810 Posts
I dunno... if your order states the trim you wanted, and you put down a deposit, that is a contract, they can't back out of it too easily. There was a case where the dealer ordered the wrong color 645 for a customer, and when she picked it up at the PC in South Carolina, the dealer agreed to let her keep the car while they ordered a new one for her. It was a wash at the end in terms of money, except the dealer tossed in a bunch of stuff for free.

Now, that won't happen on the M5, but my bet is that you can force them to order the right stuff since it was their mistake and you have a signed contract.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The specs were all done verbally unfortunately. Will have to look into aftermarket options. I don't want to wait for another car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,679 Posts
masmole said:
Speaking of trim swap, I'm entertaining the idea of having my dealer swap out the stock trim for the anthracite maple found on the non-M E60's for the invoice cost of the parts. My dealer suggested this a while ago when I commented on how boring the interior trim selections were for the M5. I really dig that anthracite maple... love it on my X5 and the pattern of the grain as found on the E60 is even better.
Now THAT's a winning idea! Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna pursue this one myself.

That E60 forum has some great pix of the Anthracite Maple interior...

http://www.e60.net/gallery/interior/black_dakota/anthracite_maple/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
masmole said:
I agree. That's what my dealer did when they screwed up and ordered the wrong trim on my X5... they ate the cost of ordering the proper trim pieces separately and even did a car pickup/drop-off/loaner swap at my home to spare me the inconvenience of driving to the dealership for the installation. That's how it should work if they mess up at your expense.

Speaking of trim swap, I'm entertaining the idea of having my dealer swap out the stock trim for the anthracite maple found on the non-M E60's for the invoice cost of the parts. My dealer suggested this a while ago when I commented on how boring the interior trim selections were for the M5. I really dig that anthracite maple... love it on my X5 and the pattern of the grain as found on the E60 is even better.
How much do you want for your stock trim?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
Kelly777 said:
How much do you want for your stock trim?
you want the stock trim from my X5?

or if you mean my week 41 M5, the stock trim will be madeira but still not sure if I really want to swap for anthracite or wait and see if other trim like piano black will soon be available in the US. If I do, I'd prolly sell it for cheap although I have no idea how much a set of trim pieces cost.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top