BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

Earlier I experienced something new with my little bimmer...
I did lock the door with the key instead of the lock-button. Also, returning to the car; I unlocked it with the key.

Then, when I started driving the car, it suddently autmatically locked all doors the "american way" (seen the same fuction in lot's of am cars).

When I locked the car with the button again, and then reopened it; this function was gone.

I would like to have this fuction, even using the button. Is there anyway I can activate this???

/AFX

·
Registered
661 Posts
I believe the auto lock feature can be programed to your key/car by the dealer. One of my keys does the auto lock while the other one does not. Guess which one I use the most.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Check this out:

Go to your dealer, them them you want your car and key memory programmed. Tell them you want to be in the garage with a tech to go through all the options and set them exactly as you like for each of your keys. Should cost you 1 hour labor.

http://www.x5world.com/articles.php?action=viewarticle&artid=85

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
I had a similar experience, I once un-locked the drivers door with the key instead of the remote. After that every time I un-locked the doors with the remote the steering wheel would automatically extend out all the way. Now I drive with the wheel in the fully opposite direction. So needless to say everytime I got into my car I had to re-adjust the steering wheel position. One of life's little annoyances.

So off to the dealer I go, and they had to re-program both my key-remotes. 1 hour worth of labor later, my problem was solved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts