BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
They are held on by a rubber grommet and force. Pull it off. Slow twists might help if there is also some glue and/or lock up over the years. And be careful not to do things like hit yourself in the face (ask me how I know).

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thread resurrection--anyone know where I can find black door locking pins? I wasn't aware that the chrome ones I have came stock - I assumed the PO installed them - but I'd still like to go to black if possible.

Extensive online searches have yielded nothing :(

Thanks!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Dealer. p/n 51218168036 for the two fronts, 51228205801 for left rear, and 51228205802 for right rear. Very cheap.
Thanks. Looking at the parts diagrams, it looks like the entire locking rod is what I'd be buying. How easy is it to remove the chrome caps currently on my M5 and replace them with the black ones I can hopefully remove from the new rods?

Has anyone replaced or looked into replacing the chrome locking pins/caps? I'd love to hear from you.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Picked up black door pins from Tischer (they do come with the metal rods, but are easily removed from them). Installed them a few days ago and am very happy. It's a much nicer look than the chrome for people who are into subtlety.

As for removing the old door pins, I used vice grips. Marked the chrome pins so I can't use them again, but I was going to throw them out anyway. I'll try to remember to snap pics of the black pins next time I drive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts