BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
you might need to give it some more time to get a response, but I doubt many people on here have done this. Why do you want to take the door off?

·
Registered
637 Posts
When you say "door pins," to what part are you referring? I am not sure what you mean by door pins...

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I think he means the pins that are up when the doors are unlocked and go down when they are locked.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
door pins to me are Hinge pins, to remove the doors from the body.........

take it to the dealer let them ruin your new pannels and buy you new ones...

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I don't want to take the door off. I had to take them off to install my cf interior trim.
I'm confused by your description of the subject part........BUT, whatever you did before, reverse the process. Oh yea, one more thing,,,,,,,,,,,, if you don't know what you're doin', don't f*%k with Mother Nature! :dunno:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think he means the pins that are up when the doors are unlocked and go down when they are locked.
yup that's it! sorry I wasn't too clear.

Door panels aren't really very hard to take off, its the ability to swap out the trim w/o disconnecting all the cables. I did it this way so that I wouldn't have to disconnect the battery and risk getting any fault codes when I did my interior trim swap.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
So, really you want to know how to take the door panel off, right? The lock pins don't come off as far as I know. The door panel will just lift off of these.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, really you want to know how to take the door panel off, right? The lock pins don't come off as far as I know. The door panel will just lift off of these.
Nope I know how to take the door panels off. That isn't very difficult. Its the little black pins that you see move up and down when you lock and unlock the car. I want to replace those black plastic pieces.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
FWIW I figured out how to get the door pins off. You do NOT need to remove the door panels, just get a good grip and pull and twist the door pin at the same time and it will come off. Took me less than 5 min to put the new ones on.
Any pics of the CF pins in place? Was it worth it?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any pics of the CF pins in place? Was it worth it?
Haha yeah I can take pics. Would I say its worth the 100+ for them? I'd say they are more like something you'd feel like wasting some money on in that really nobody will notice them but you haha. Just some nice bling I must say.

I'll post pics as soon as ThisFlyGuy quits being a buster and tells me what wheels he's getting! ouich

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Haha yeah I can take pics. Would I say its worth the 100+ for them? I'd say they are more like something you'd feel like wasting some money on in that really nobody will notice them but you haha. Just some nice bling I must say.

I'll post pics as soon as ThisFlyGuy quits being a buster and tells me what wheels he's getting! ouich
same ones as you :applause:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts