BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys. Three years ago I had a fault with the passenger rear door handle , it was constantly waking the car up looking for a signal from the key fob. The handle was replaced under manufacturers warranty. Yesterday I went out to wash the car and it unlocked it's self as I walked down the passenger side of the car with out me pulling the door handle or pressing any buttons on the fob it then locked it's self. On investigating what was going on I could unlock the car by pulling the rear handle but couldn't lock it by swiping my finger over the handle. But I could lock the car when swiping my finger over the other three handles. I was wondering if anyone else has had similar problems with the comfort access and why the same door handle on my car has failed again. I am going to contact my local dealer in the morning to try and get some answers. My car is a 20014 F10 M5

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I took the car in yesterday to my BMW service agent. They called me at the end of the day to say they couldn't find a fault with the car, I asked them so the car is locking and unlocking as it should do. Which they said yes and did I wish to come and collect the car or leave it with them for a few day I chose to collect it, but on getting the keys from them when I walked out to the car and walked up to the nearside rear door the car unlocked itself without me using the key fob or touching the door handle. So I went back to the service desk feeling a little pissed off. The person at the desk made a phone call to see if the technician that was looking at the car was still on site. Which he wasn't and I was told they would have to order a new door handle and possibly the locking mechanism. So the car is going back in a weeks time, let's see what happens then. Mean while I think I will call the warranty company too check I am covered for this work even though the service agent can't find a fault code.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts