BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow boardmembers,

That time of year is quickly approaching. Bimmerfest announced today that it will be held on May 23, 2015 and it will be at the FONTANA SPEEDWAY this year with a track day.

I am seeking your input on one main issue:

What time should we meet!?

It seems like we always have a better time at donutman than we do at bimmerfest, and I think the primary reason is that we get separated at bimmerfest. I think if we meet at donutman earlier, and get to to bimmerfest at 7:30 (we will be able to reserve group parking if we go at that time) we could really set up camp at bimmerfest all together with BBQ's and drinks and really have a great time.

So my question is....what do you guys prefer?

A full blown donutmanfest and head out to bimmerfest together later in the morning and likely get separated there?

-or-

Meet earlier for quick donuts and coffee, and then caravan to the speedway and be there by 7:30 so we can get group parking...and then once we are there....we can go all out with bbq, drinks, etc.

Thoughts please and thank you.

·
Registered
307 Posts
We could bring donuts and coffee to the parking lot and tail gate!!! easy up, tables, chairs.....signs...We bring the event to the parking lot for all of Bimmerfest to witness

FYI I have truck access I can provide pit service for those who are doing Roval..Space for tires,tools, coolers etc..

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We could bring donuts and coffee to the parking lot and tail gate!!! easy up, tables, chairs.....signs...We bring the event to the parking lot for all of Bimmerfest to witness

FYI I have truck access I can provide pit service for those who are doing Roval..Space for tires,tools, coolers etc..

This is how I was leaning. It would be cool to see a ton of M5's all together...plus, if we are parked together, we can take the social good time aspect from donut man and just move it a bit east. I think it's still a good idea to meet at donutman then caravan to fontana that way we all get there together, and have no issues with the group parking.

·
Registered
629 Posts
As much as I love donutmanfest I and II, I will have to meet you guys at bimmerfest this year since the place I moved to is literally 3 miles away from the speedway.

Someone mind spotting me a strawberry filled donut? I'm paypal ready and I cover the 3% :hihi:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Early M5 gets the donut! I say we do the early piece, donuts and jet fuel strength coffee and then an easy ride to designated parking is the way to go. Wifee did the Z4 group parking one year and it was really the way to go. Everyone is centrally located and even if you branch out, base is the same for everyone. Separation won't be as big an issue and the logistics are easier. Tell me what you need bro and I'm in.

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
We need T-Shirts and stickers again :tonquesmilie:

I'm still undecided because I'm trying to get the e28 finished for the track day. If my e28 isn't done, then I'll be in the e60 for DM III (unless I track the e60) -- yeah, I'm undecided.

·
Registered
899 Posts
A quick Google Earth search of the area and most of the suitable size lots in the area are fenced in unless we invade Del Taco and Jack in the Box on Cherry.

+1 on t-shirts. Maybe a few XXL for those of us that need some extra room.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Do I need to get coffee again? I had a bunch left over cause most got their own coffee, so i might get smaller if need be.

Those who didint get last years shirt & sticker I have (1) small & (8) XL left. $8.50ea stickers free

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
You had me at donuts... I recently registered up for bimmerfest, and you can definitely count me in for the early meet-up.
+1 A quick meet and then continue it at bimmerfest as a group would be great.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Did we come up with options for this years meet up point yet?

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Guys, due to some changes in my life, my free time is down to zero and I won't be able to put this year's event together. I'll see you all at the fest though.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Anyone? Bueller...Bueller?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Anyone doing anything?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts