BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came across this very special M5:confused3

Under the safety aspect the rollover cage is okay, but what's up with these fenders they just seem to be so out of place:eek7:

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Something tells me this car used to be much more heavily modded.... :dunno:

·
Registered
992 Posts
WTF?!?! If the wider fenders were actually accompanied by matching front and rear bumpers and wider wheels, then maybe it would be ok. But, this is a hot mess.

·
Registered
212 Posts
WTF?!?! If the wider fenders were actually accompanied by matching front and rear bumpers and wider wheels, then maybe it would be ok. But, this is a hot mess.
That and MUCH more wheel and tire...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Something tells me this car used to be much more heavily modded.... :dunno:
agree,, missing center caps tells that the vehicle being put back to stock in a very bad way for a quick sale

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm grasping the threads of my memory for anything I've seen that comes close to being as repulsive as this.

I just have to ask: "Why?"

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
BUT WHY???

I am lost for words.. well at least i can say i have seen it all now on the board:grinyes: well maybe not all but close..

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm sure this made sense at some point to someone. Must have had some different bumpers too. (At least I hope.)

Would love to see a picture from before.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
The issue with wide body kits. Can swap the stock front/rear bumpers back but most kits come with small attachments for the fenders and those require that you cut your original fenders killing your ability to return to stock. The one issue that's keeping me from still eyeballing the Lumma kit.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yeah, might have been a Lumma body kit:typing:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Or this :byebye: LINK

·
Registered
410 Posts
That cage doesn't look like the car was built for anything serious.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Looking for the "vomit" smilie...:dunno:

·
Registered
992 Posts
BTW, what's up with the chrome trim around the windows? M's don't come with that.

If it weren't for the interior shots and other details, I would have said it was a fake...

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
BTW, what's up with the chrome trim around the windows? M's don't come with that.

If it weren't for the interior shots and other details, I would have said it was a fake...
I believe in Europe the chrome trim around the windows was an option on the M5 yawnnnn

·
Registered
550 Posts
The car was obviously being tracked, and someone needed clearance for bigger/wider wheels and tires. Seems simple enough.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts