BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Her interest with cars began not so long ago, when she accompanied her father at the local road circuit – Texas World Speedway. Her father had his car, a very fast, modified BMW M5, on the track and was driving some open laps at a lapping session.

"I asked to drive his car, expecting him to say, ‘no.’ I figured I’d hold it over him; kind of like a bargaining chip. But he handed me the keys and let me go," Mae explains.

According to her father, he knew what was in store for him if he didn’t hand over the keys, so he let her drive. Little did either of them know where it would lead.

“I was hooked,” she says."

http://www.whowon.com/sresults.asp?SanctionID=593&StoryID=169230

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
Well, I´ve let my 18 yo girl cousin drive my car. Alone too.

David

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Seems to me that this goes to show that you SHOULD give your daughter the keys- in the right circumstances.

Look what it led to. Good for her and her family. :D

·
Registered
319 Posts
I don't give my daughter the keys, but I let her drive (I guess just steer) up and down the driveway and my street. She's six. She will be throwing gears even before I did...which I did on my father's 914-6 at the ripe age of ten.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I let my 6 year old drive all the time. I handle the gas and brake, She steers. We live on a private road so there is room for her mistakes. She's getting pretty good at it. We are averaging about 10-15 mph through the 1 sweeper turn.

josh.

·
Registered
319 Posts
phillym5 said:
I let my 6 year old drive all the time. I handle the gas and brake, She steers. We live on a private road so there is room for her mistakes. She's getting pretty good at it. We are averaging about 10-15 mph through the 1 sweeper turn.

josh.
You're ahead of us. We haven't numbered the turns yet...watch your rear view mirror, though. We're comin'.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts