BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned in my 2000 M5 (lease ended) about two weeks ago and have BMW withdrawal. The 1999 Boxster just won't do it. I am thinking about dumping the Boxster and getting a Z8 (as a daily driver). I have seen a few Z8's over the last few years, however, I have never driven one. There are a few 2001's for sale in the high $80's and that sounds more interesting than a new 911 with the depreciation that will follow.

Also, trying to figure out if the have NAV? Can you please help.

Skip

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,320 Posts
Yes, the Z8 has navigation although it's pretty rudimentary compared to the one in the M5. It basically just gives you arrows with voice guidance, no map as far as I know. I could be wrong though. It's also down low in front of the shifter too. I don't know if it's a good system though.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Not as visually entertaining as the M5 or many other DVD options on the market however it does work and seems to do a nice job…..

Shadowman

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Yep- while its basic, I like it. Everything you need, nothing you dont. The Z8 is a unique experience- test drive it. I'm not sure if its the perfect daily driver, but if the car excites you, its really something fantastic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts