BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I finally figured out how to consistently produce the kick in the @ss SMG behaviour.
Mine does it if I am sort of coasting downhill with little or no gas or brake input and I hit the downshift paddle in anticipation of having to accelerate. It takes a loooooong time to down shift (it almost seems like it disengages the clutch and then does nothing) and it usually decides to actually downshift just as i am applying more gas pedal with the next effect of having the gear change happen just as the rpm in increasing and causing the slam in gear sensation.

What do you guys think?
Is this a shortcoming in the programming or is my SMG tired and in need of some new parts?

p.s. This is in any S3,S4,S5 mode but more pronounced in S3 (I don't drive in anything less than S3). S6 is fast no matter what.

·
Registered
275 Posts
i think without pressing the accelerator , the clutch is not engaged? i'm not 100% sure .. but to me .. thats' what it feels like :wroom:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what it feels like

i think without pressing the accelerator , the clutch is not engaged? i'm not 100% sure .. but to me .. thats' what it feels like :wroom:
So, I guess you can't shift while coasting? I wonder what the germans' reasoning for that is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts