BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Does this belong to anyone here?

1461 Views 25 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Simonal
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,845 Posts
M5 powered said:
Ever tried overtaking in a left hand drive car? Certainly not for the faint hearted. Fine on motorways, but as for the rest, forget it.
It actually means that you have to plan an overtaking manouvere rather than just pushing the loud pedal and hoping!

All it takes is a little more planning hang back and in a fast car such as an M5 it is not as much of a problem as you may think.

brgds

Simon

BTW This is my 4th LHD car (Rallye Golf G60, BMW E30 M3 "hairdresser edition" convertible and a Golf Synchro VR6....oh and an E34 M5 Touring)

· Registered
1,845 Posts
BURTON said:
I agree with you there. It means that you think alot more about what you are about to do. You have to read everything alot better and plan for something to happen etc.
It certainly tests your roadcraft and I think makes you a little better as a driver too as there is more thought involved.

I am not sure how many take there cars abroad but when you are there you do the same in reverse, if you see what I mean.....That is what I used to do when I took some of my RHD cars abroad.....

· Registered
1,845 Posts
Rob Plummer said:
Don't get me wrong, I love my M5, but I don't think they're THAT special that I'd be prepared to put up with having a left hooker.

Just my opinion of course. I await your flames ;) :D
no flames....well not yet...lol.... just I would not convert my Touring to RHD although I know Sam's is very nice I like it original and that is LHD and I think that this is more of a special car.

Also as confirmed with Mmm Five the steering seems to be better!

· Registered
1,845 Posts
Rob Plummer said:
If it's only available in LHD, then fair enough (M5 Touring, E30 M3, Lancia Integrale etc.).

But if it's available in RHD, why mess about!?

(Shall I call the fire brigade now :thumbsup: ) hiha
lol.......999...hello we need a fire engine to..........:hihi:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.