BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just my overactive imagination or does the restyled 06 750 have some serious e39 m5 styling cues......better late than never

Attachments

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Exactly what I thought, the nose is now a cross between the prior generation 5 and 7. Not a good move IMO, they have gutted the unique visual character and stature of the car (which I never liked anyway), but then again they had to do something.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I actually thought it was a great move. Yes, it is less flashy than the previous 7's, but in my opinion that is a very good thing. Too bad they didn't make them in this incarnation from the beginning, I think it would've seriously reduced the # of Bangle headhunters.

B

·
0 Posts
Yup, it does look like the e39 M5, and overall it looks a lot better than the earlier 7-series design.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[/IMG] =
[/QUOTE]

WOW, love that puking smiley!

My personal on that butt is it's not perfect by I could live with it if the rest of the car is great compared to the rest of the large sedan crowd. I've got three kids and the M5 trunk gets crowded on weekend trips.

There previous iteration was a no go from the start just based on the posterior, not counting I-drive I and the disjointed interior no matter how well it drove. Not to get in trouble for a dating/women analogy, but the previous car drove well enough I could date it once or twice, but it was way too annoying to marry. The new version I might be able to live with if it still drives really well..........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts