BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my Meisterchaft GT2 Race muffler installed and I'm not sure whether it's been installed properly. The right side muffler looks a tad too far in or am I being too picky? Should both muffler line up?

I'm just concerned the shop may have cut the right side shorter than the left. The shop told me it's always going to be like that with aftermarket mufflers where the fitment won't always be perfect.

Attachments

·
Registered
657 Posts
They did install it a tiny bit in. It doesn't even matter because you can hardly tell the difference...only because you told me to look for it. To the normal unaware eye, it's gonna look even.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
It should come out a bit when the exhaust heats up. If it was me I wouldn't worry much about it it is hardly noticeable.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Looks good to me :M5thumbs:

Post a from behind straight on shot so we can get a different angle of it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured it might just be me being so anal about things like this.

If the consensus is that it's ok and it's expected that it doesn't always line up, then I'll accept. I just don't want shody work to go unnoticed.

Here are some additional pictures in daylight.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Ya from that angle it does look like the left side (driver side) pipes are sticking out maybe half an inch to an inch farther out than the right side.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'd say the left side pipes are less than half an inch out more than the right. OP don't worry about it, it's a common problem we all see when we get aftermarket tips. Stop worrying about it and start enjoying that new exhaust note :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Only you would ever really notice that. I think it is fine and agree...just enjoy the music! You may want to fire he painter who got ahold of you plate though....THAT is shoddy work ;)

·
Registered
804 Posts
Ya from that angle it does look like the left side (driver side) pipes are sticking out maybe half an inch to an inch farther out than the right side.
Maybe 1/3 inch, max.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Based on PLENTY of experience installing mufflers, aftermarket or OEM, it's extremely difficult to get them exactly spot on. Sometimes no amount of adjustment will get them 100% exactly even.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts