BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased mine used and noticed it has bolts and brackets rather than exhaust hangers on the cans. I'd like to install myself. Anyone remember how to mount them or if I need parts from Eisenmann?

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
You shouldn't need any additionaly parts other than the recycled bolts and rubber mounts off the OEM exhuast. If you are going to install the system, get a friend to help. This is what my exhaust cans looked like. Although they are covered in bubble wrap, I will tell you that the hangar part on the can was basically a metal tab with a slider cutout to allow the OEM rubber mounts to be bolted to them. This allows for some height adjustment.

'Rocket

B

·
0 Posts
ALEV8 said:
I purchased mine used and noticed it has bolts and brackets rather than exhaust hangers on the cans. I'd like to install myself. Anyone remember how to mount them or if I need parts from Eisenmann?
No additional parts are necessary. The install is quite simple. Make sure you also have the 2 brackets to connect to the OEM resonator center section.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
540 Posts
aside from the basic hardware which it appears you have, make sure you take a good measurement for the cut.

Regards,

al

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
ha ha...yeah right. Your lucky to even get anything with one english word in the whole box from kelleners. Reuses the stock parts as everyone else and their trained monkies have stated.

a;lkzcoiua,mnzavoiuata;lknz c. al;sdhgasd

I appologize, that was my trained moneky trying to tell you the same thing...

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
The brackets you got with the exhaust, are the factory brackets. It is an easier install if you take down the stock brackets and mount them on the cans while on the floor. Then put the cans up with the brackets already tightend and you can slide them right over the stock studs. Once you get the car in the air, you will be able to see exactly how the exhaust is mounted. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts