BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on this board that the 2008 M5 LCI has a slighty different bumper and hence the lip spoiler from Hartge, does not fit.

Is this true? :dunno:

Thanks,

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I read on this board that the 2008 M5 LCI has a slighty different bumper and hence the lip spoiler from Hartge, does not fit.

Is this true? :dunno:

Thanks,

:cheers:
One way to get to the bottom of this urban legend is to contact Hartge direct. (See sponsors above, They respond within a day via e mail)

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One way to get to the bottom of this urban legend is to contact Hartge direct. (See sponsors above, They respond within a day via e mail)
I am too lazy for that. :haha2:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I have it on my '08 and it fits perfect. I had a really good body shop do the work though and they never said anything about having a problem getting it on...

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Barry, I love the color of your car. Did you know there are NO sepang M5's in 13 western states for sale? I tried to get one this week and was told no, but I can order one.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Barry, I love the color of your car. Did you know there are NO sepang M5's in 13 western states for sale? I tried to get one this week and was told no, but I can order one.
DId you sell your M6 already? What color you are getting on M5, sepang, I guess?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Thanks, It truly is a gorgeous color. For a daily driver it's perfect.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I emailed Hartge who had Ralph Zorrilla representing GGI European Tuning contact me direct. The Hartge front lip spoiler will fit the facelifted 2008 E60 M5. It is available in the US through GGI for $1,000. retail. (Sounds high, but I have not priced this part lately) I have his Email and phone if you need it.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Yeah, I don't know why, but they upped the price from $599 (I think) to $1,000. Kind of ridiculous, but still cheaper than schnitzer and most other front lips, and looks better too IMO...

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$599 and now its $1k!!

Its not the price of the part, its how bad we are getting screwed with the Euro that pisses me off so much.....oh well at least our cars are still cheaper...for now.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
$599 and now its $1k!!

Its not the price of the part, its how bad we are getting screwed with the Euro that pisses me off so much.....oh well at least our cars are still cheaper...for now.
Supply & Demand (f'n euro & oil) :dunno:

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think I am going to go with the front splitters look.

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
Thank goodness I picked up both the Hartge splitter and diffuser from Turner before the price went up. Both for less than $1K!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts