BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
The thing that's nice about the V1 is the directional arrow indicators. You really learn to rely on them after having one of these units. As far as capacity to pick up a signal, the 2 units are probably pretty equal. Radar Roy's test actually indicated STi outperformed V1. I don't think you could go wrong with either. The other selling point is the the STi does not "leak" any signal. This means that in states where detectors are illegal, cops won't be able to pick up a leaked signal and bust you for having one. Remember, any way you can minimize an encounter with law enforcement is always to the driver's advantage. I believe this is a large selling point for drivers who live in these states. Both units are the best in the industry:)
The Valentine One is the best at detecting radar and lidar. Who cares what Radar Roy says about the V1 because he doesn't sell the V1. Do you think the V1 is going to win the test if he doesn't sell it?

http://guysoflidar.com/august-2007/radar-detector-test.html

· Registered
58 Posts
Invalidate someones results based upon theory and conjecture because they sell some of the tested products?! No thanks. The results you posted certainly do not match what my experience is with both of the units being discussed. I have been using V1 for more than 10 yrs. It's a great unit as I said earlier. If you want to get into a pissing contest, please look elsewhere. Radar Roy is a reasonable source of information or has been over the years. Because another group gathered different data does not automatically discount some of their group's results.:lightbulb:
The Guysoflidar group are all friends with Radar Roy and members of his radardetector.net site so they are not biased. Radar Roy was present at many of their events and he backs up their results. Also, Radar Roy doesn't even own radarbusters.com anymore because he sold it to some investors. If you want to believe testing put out by a man that doesn't sell the V1, that is your problem. The guysoflidar don't sell anything so they don't care one way or the other who wins their testing. Do you want to believe a person that is probably biased or an unbiased source like the guysoflidar that doesn't sell anything?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.