1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light

Automotive tire Grey Wood Font Tints and shades

so I just picked up theses rims. And I have no idea what car they are from. I’ve never seen these before and really wanna know what I got.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
These are not OE BMW that's for sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are not OE BMW that's for sure.
do you think they are German manufactured aftermarket? I’ve also never see the caps. The cap diameter is much smaller than let’s say a basic e36 cap

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
do you think they are German manufactured aftermarket? I’ve also never see the caps. The cap diameter is much smaller than let’s say a basic e36 cap
They are fake. German-made wheel should have TUV stamp on it. These look like cheap-made replicas of questionable origin.

·
Registered
100 Posts
They are fake. German-made wheel should have TUV stamp on it. These look like cheap-made replicas of questionable origin.
Not a stamp per say.

Wheels made for the German market needs a stamped number that goes with "Gutachten" or "ABE" which a TÜV engineer can examine to see if those wheels has the right load rating(tires,etc) for the car.

Example of said papers are attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not a stamp per say.

Wheels made for the German market needs a stamped number that goes with "Gutachten" or "ABE" which a TÜV engineer can examine to see if those wheels has the right load rating(tires,etc) for the car.

There wouldn’t happen to be a English translation would there?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not a stamp per say.

Also the previous owner had 225 40 r18s on the rims. The wheel dimensions are 18x8. Not sure about offset or anything like that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts