·
Banned
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Ha.

Don't waste your breath. He isn't very open to discussions.

I *think* it has been for sale for over a year.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I think he is a member of this board. There was a post in for sale forum.

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just wish he would part it, i know i would buy the MKIV and i am sure many others would buy everything else. I am sure he would make a bunch if he parted it. I do not understand why people do that. you always make more money when you part out vice selling. always and its just a little bit more work....

I made money when i parted my VW out. i maybe had 9-10k into it and i walked away with 15k just for the parts and then was given 2k over book at BMW for the wifes 325xit. I ended up just paying cash for it with thanks to the money i made off of my part out....

Ryan

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thats funny I have as well. I guess there are a few people on the board who have tried to help him.....

Wow to bad he is being so stubborn... he could probably walk a way with a good deal of cash and it would be much easier to sell the 2000.

There was another guy here as well named Adam, he lives about 30minutes away from me and he had a pretty beat up MY00. i went and test drove it and it really needed some attention. he had some good mods as well though. i tried to buy some stuff and he declined as well. he was asking like 33k and it needed a bunch of work. I just do not get it....

Ryan

·
Registered
458 Posts
guy is smoking some good stuff asking 37k for an '00 with 83k on it.

if he's firm on his price then he must not want to sell it too bad.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
How do you exactly part out a car and then sell it?

Do you need to keep all the original stuff that you replaced, I assume?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
If he lowered the car an inch or so it would show much better.

Seems like a lot of open space in the wheel wells compared to stock!

Anybody else notice this?

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its quite easy actually... I did keep some of the stock stuff when i started to mod my VW. When i decided to part it I sold everything off the car as:

Your stock part + cash for my aftermarket.

I made good money on all the stock stuff i sold initially. Then when I sold my custom stuff I essentially got all the stock stuff back plus cash.

Most people when they are looking to mod do not realize how much there stock stuff is worth or even care... all they want is the performance part. I made huge money on my turbo set up. I spent 2500-3k total on the turbo and everything associated with it to include the intercooler... all custom + brand new top quality stuff. I got 6500 + the kids stock stuff. I sold all my stock stuff for 1500 a few months earlier.

building my VW and then parting it yeilded me an *** load of cash...

Ryan

for it when i sold it..but I
How do you exactly part out a car and then sell it?

Do you need to keep all the original stuff that you replaced, I assume?

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Hmm not so bad, then. I have the stock MY2000 headlights, fog lights, original sway bar, MKII nav unit, and soon perhaps the trim pieces and the 4:3 screen. Oh and the tail lights as well. I guess I'll be keeping these and not selling them just yet.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Ryan, I thought you were gonna bring up that guy in Williamsburg with the silver 2000( and I see you did)
Wow this red one has been around longer than Adams.
great looking car but even with mods its not worth 37k.
I guess the girls will have to wait a little longer to get that pony.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
You guys fail to see the genius of his plan.

Wife: You better sell that damned car and get a minivan!
Guy: Okay, I'm gonna put it up for sale right now
*guy sets ridiculous price that guarantees a no-sale*
Guy: Look, honey! No one wants to buy it! I guess I'll have to keep it!"

·
Registered
345 Posts
HA HA HAAA yea I guess he could have a master plan. Hmm I'll have to remember that one for the future.

·
Registered
167 Posts
It is a bit ironic though. We have threads with complaints of the value of the cars dropping, then we have threads with complaints of the cars retaining value. Hah

·
Registered
1,198 Posts

Yes, I noticed. All that Dinan Stuff and no suspension seems a but odd to me but to each his own.

·
Registered
553 Posts

I noticed that as well. Seems too high in the front. Perhaps he put the wrong struts or springs in there at some point?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I would be willing to part my mods.... who has dibs on what....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts