BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Why not ask the seller about the history over the last two years or 20,000 miles and find out who has been working n the car?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
That's a exact replica of my old girl. Same suede/cloth seats, same anus colour, same spec.

Go on, get some details for us all - I wonder if he wants to PX for a 3.6 :haha:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Is it just me, or is something not quite right with those wheels? They look like the M-Parallels, but not, if you see what i mean. They definiatly look big enough to be 18's, just something doesn't seem quite right

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Is it just me, or is something not quite right with those wheels? They look like the M-Parallels, but not, if you see what i mean. They definiatly look big enough to be 18's, just something doesn't seem quite right
I thought the same, they look to have been polished or something. I would imagine they are standard rims that the owner has had refurbed in a style that suits him. Nothing that can't be put right I wouldn't have thought.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Might have bought some of those ebay 'replicas', or done a refurb with polished everywhere!

That phone number locates it not that far from me hmmm

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
the rims indeed appear to be at least reworked.

I used to be able to spot it very easily but there's a car in the picture thread which I thought to have replicas but turned out to be OEM's sprayed in a different fashion.

Looks like a nice car. Hate the mudflaps. Don't care if its 'sleeper' . Its ugly.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
That phone number locates it not that far from me hmmm
Danny leaving his full postcode in Autotrader then linking it to here* allows me to pinpoint the residential address on Google Maps where it might be parked up outside one day soon all nice and ready for a 4:00am raid for any spare parts I need!! lol :p

Regards

Ivan.

*Says the man with .com domains available for Whois Searches!! lololol...

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Danny leaving his full postcode in Autotrader then linking it to here* allows me to pinpoint the residential address on Google Maps where it might be parked up outside one day soon all nice and ready for a 4:00am raid for any spare parts I need!! lol :p

Regards

Ivan.

*Says the man with .com domains available for Whois Searches!! lololol...
You've tipped him off now grrrrrrr

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Is it just me or are those seats half M cloth and half leather, rather than suede?

Is that a factory option?

Lantz

·
Registered
288 Posts
Guys, I think those wheels may be replicas as they look exactly like my e39 wheels, which are replicas. Genuine M-Parallels have tapered spokes like they have a large chamfer whereas the fake ones don't giving the impression that the spokes are thicker, also the finish is polished.

MIKE.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ooops - good spot on the postcode, and to think I'm an IT consultant too (not in security, obviously!). I see what you mean about the wheels, definitely not the right spacing between the spokes. I'll give the guy a call early next week if I find the time and find out more.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Wheels just look fake.

Difficult with M-Paras - but they look damn fake.

Seems odd on a '95 model - most peeps tend to put the ebay m-para chaff wheels on the older cars - that don't have them as std.

Maybe it's just me - I dunno.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts