BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there all

I'm debating on purchasing (or laying a silly ebay bid!!!) on a 3.8 on ebay, Its up at a pretty cheap price and for the idea i've got for the car, bodywork issues are not really gonna matter :)

Its got a reg plate of K15 MBA and is in black with silver skirts and splitter and on throwing stars, im just wondering if anyone on the board has come across this M5 before or has any history or details on it.

Best regards and thanks in advance

Andy

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Looks worthy of a bid Andy ........ Covered 8500 miles since June 08 when she was advertised for 6k by the same seller .

The obvious checks would need to be made prior to purchase , as a cheap E34 M5 can soon become a very costly E34 M5 as you well know !

D

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there all, Just a quick follow up to this thread.

Myself, James and my mechanic drove the 400 odd mile trip from Huddersfield to pick K15 MBA up last night, the seller Nick Cowley (anyone on here) was a very nice bloke, made us all a cup of yorkshire tea whilst we looked the car over.

Its very clean, exterior and interior (inclduing extended leather) is in very good condition, exemplary service history, (no expense spared) and got us all the way back to Huddersfield without any problems whatsover.

theres a few paint spots that need sorting, the idles a little lumpy, needs a good service and the front anti roll bar links are a bit worn but apart from that i think she could be a good un, engine feels very very strong and pulls like a trian.

I'l take some photos later on and post a new thread.

Best regards

AndyH

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Pulls like a train suggests that you should check the valve clearances and resonance flap functionality when you carry out that service Andy and James .

Congratulations on a bloody good buy BTW !

D

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks David and Richard :)

Officially crazy...maybe more like clinically insane lol.

i'l get some pictures up in the coming few days when its had a real good clean and in daylight.

Dave, this ones going to get some TLC, your right its far too good for a rare car, i'l get our James to send you some paypal for the infill plate asap mate

Best regards and thanks

AndyH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts