BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of going with a yellow color for the fogs in favor of matching the xenon headlights. Not sure yet but any photos, suggestions welcome. Also some pics would be great too. Thanks

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I have 3000K hid fogs. Let me see if I can get you guys pics tonight...

·
Registered
683 Posts

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
im not certain if its the photo itself, or the light... but it looks lime-green.
It does have a bit of a green tint to it, even with color adjustments in photoshop (notice how all the picture has a lot of green on it)

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no photos? Anyone?

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I've been thinking of going with a yellow color for the fogs in favor of matching the xenon headlights. Not sure yet but any photos, suggestions welcome. Also some pics would be great too. Thanks
Your xenon headlights are yellow? :dunno:

What angles did you want? Output on ground, actual lamp color, both?

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
When you look at my 3000K HID fogs, it doesn't look yellow, reminding me of the OE HIDs. It definitely doesn't look like the "lexus" yellow at all. The difference in the 3000K is the output on the ground and objects ahead, which are true yellow. Driving with the HIDs + low beams, you can't really tell you have yellow fogs unless you look at the output at the sides. But once you drive with only the fogs on, everything is yellow. Just the way I like it, yellow where it matters ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks M55555. I have stock bulbs right now and I'm deciding whether to go yellow or match the xenon headlamp.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I think the 3000K match the angel eyes real well. The headlamps are more on the white-side, so if you want a foglight that matches the low beams, I'd get the xenon match 4300K temperature.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
When you look at my 3000K HID fogs, it doesn't look yellow, reminding me of the OE HIDs. It definitely doesn't look like the "lexus" yellow at all.

because HID bulbs are designed to be in a projector housing they do not function as well in regular glass lamp. the beam is scattered, and the beam is not solid. the difference with the lexus (and other yellow fogs) is simple... they have a yellow glass. so if you want true yellow french spec, you can either source a set (if they make), use yellow laminx, or yellow 'stained glass' paint... however to get a true yellow look, and yellow beam onto the road you need a projector with 3000k bulbs.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not too sure about the look of having yellow headlamps, fogs maybe, but I'm starting to think I'll just match the fogs to the xenons.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
isn't 4300k a little low to be matching to the xenons? Oh I also have the predator ice just fyi

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
isn't 4300k a little low to be matching to the xenons? Oh I also have the predator ice just fyi
I'm pretty sure the stock xenons are exactly 4300 (white, hint of yellow). Predator I believe is up in the 6000K. If you want to be safe, 5300K would work well with your combination. Probably won't even notice the difference ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts