BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been close enough to running out of fuel here in the high deserts of AZ. that I'm considering buying one of the BMW OEM reserve fuel tank that fits in the empty spare wheel compartment in the trunk.
Does anyone have any experience with this tank?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Not to be a jackass but woun't it be simpler to watch the fuel niddle?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Jayson said:
I'm assuming in the deserts, gas stations are far and few between... So it sounds like this makes sense. I didn't even know BMW made something like this - but sounds like a good idea.

Be curious to see feedback from anyone that's used it. Do you have to fill it separately?

Cheers,
-Darryl

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
GST said:
Where exactly would you carry this? We don't have spare wheel compartments in our cars. :confused2

Remove the fix a flat it can go right there. Or in the side cubby.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea it would be much simplier if I lived on the east coast where gas stations are on every corner.
I guess you've never been out west.

Jayson said:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From the pic, it appears to be a big round plastic gas can.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Supposedly, it can be stored safely in the trunk in the well.<o:p></o:p>

It may come in handy for those who want to blend some high octane fuel occasionally.
<o:p></o:p>
djo715 said:
I'm assuming in the deserts, gas stations are far and few between... So it sounds like this makes sense. I didn't even know BMW made something like this - but sounds like a good idea.

Be curious to see feedback from anyone that's used it. Do you have to fill it separately?

Cheers,
-Darryl

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
i have one of those, when I had my e36, it desinged to fit in the back side of the spare tire.....underneath, or if you flip the spare upside down on top.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
howler said:
Yea it would be much simplier if I lived on the east coast where gas stations are on every corner.
I guess you've never been out west.

Acually I have.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts