BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah just the standard leak that everyone gets but mine lasted longer than most (105k). Now it's pissing oil all over the undercarriage while driving. With me being out of work for over a year now, the wife wants me to sell it so I'm trying to go low-dollar in getting this fixed. Fun time to be in oil and gas I tell ya

·
Registered
652 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Ah just the standard leak that everyone gets but mine lasted longer than most (105k). Now it's pissing oil all over the undercarriage while driving. With me being out of work for over a year now, the wife wants me to sell it so I'm trying to go low-dollar in getting this fixed. Fun time to be in oil and gas I tell ya
ECS tuning has Mahle-behr cooler for $300, more than half the price of OEM ($750)

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ECS tuning has Mahle-behr cooler for $300, more than half the price of OEM ($750)
Yeah I saw that one. Was just hoping to find someone who upgraded a working cooler to the RPI and just wanted to get rid of it.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I'm not sold on the JB for a long-term solution but heck who knows. I wish I knew of a good welder who did this on the side but am not going to take it to any bloke with a welding rig and hope they don't screw it up.
Good luck man. Just trying to give you some ideas on the cheap. You can find used ones on ebay for about ~200. Could also look through the 'part-out' threads to see if anyone has one.

Maybe also try PM'ing that guy in the JB thread and see if it has held up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts