BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post if you do. I remember that back in 2004 when I had a 545sport it came with a very cool CD Rom/DVD and it showed the way the car was built, inside the factory, lots of videos and then a comprehensive guide to using I Drive and other features

I was dissapointed the M5 didnt have this but a silly "At a Glance Guide"

Just curious as to whats out there i did some searches and came up empty

thanks

·
Registered
649 Posts
awesome post and question, it would be very cool to see how the M5 was being built step by step.....:applause:

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Yes, there is a video of the M5 being built as well as testing on the engine. I can't remember where I got my copy.
They also did a story on the M3 on Ultimate Factories on the National Geographic channel in HD, great show. My TiVo taped this one for me.

I will do some more checking to see where i got my video, plus, it was posted on here at one point.

Robert cherrsagai

Reactions: Mandisa and BD 997

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Please post if you do. I remember that back in 2004 when I had a 545sport it came with a very cool CD Rom/DVD and it showed the way the car was built, inside the factory, lots of videos and then a comprehensive guide to using I Drive and other features
M models are built on the same production line as non-M models, so your 545 factory video shows how the M5 is built. M5 engines are produced in a special factory.

·
Registered
132 Posts
hm I don't think there is a video where they show how they build the M5. I will go on 10 of July to Dingolfing near to Munich(Germany) to have a look how they produce the 5 series(including M5). At the Information sheet they have marked that cameras are strictly prohibited.

Isn't there a possibility to do a factory visit at BMW NA in United States?

Regards

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I have a video of the M5 being built, as a matter of fact I believe I gave a copy to Gustav when he was visiting my home a year ago.
They talk with the "M" division manager and he explains all the arrow dynamics of the car and they show the engine being built and tested. The headers get incredibly hot on the dyno machine. I think I got the video when I bought the car back in '05.

Like I said, Natinal Geographic channel just did a special in HD on the new M3 and they also do a factory tour.

^ Yes, you can tour the factory in Spartensburg, SC.

Robert cherrsagai

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I have done the tour in Dingolfing and it was ok. The best part was seeing the new CS in body on white.

You can not tell the difference between a 525 and an M5 being assembled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts