BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are been a lot of comments about how great Royal Red with a Carmel interior is. Does anyone actually have one? Are any pics online?

Thanks...

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
David,

I saw this combo at Spartanburg Tuesday. It was private, they drove up from Va I think.
That combo was gorgeous. I think as it gets older the caramel may date the car but new it was absolutely gorgeous. I took a picture I was so struck. I'll try to upload later in the week.

------------------
Jim
07/00 M5 Titanium over Red

·
Registered
40 Posts
David,

Went up to Spartanburg this past weekend with the expressed purpose of checking out colors. And I arrived with some prejudices. I love my Oxford Green 540i 6sp and was prepared to have equal affection for the M. I had heard dreadful comments on the board about silverstone so I was not all that interested in it. As you might expect I hated the green and loved silverstone. The only other color that appealed to me was Royal Red. It is gorgeous with caramel. It will be a tough choice for me between the two. See it live and in person if at all possible.

Best of Luck,
Rick

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yes, it is very sexy but not a color i'd like to show around town 24/7

·
Registered
844 Posts
Originally posted by vitaman:
David,

Went up to Spartanburg this past weekend with the expressed purpose of checking out colors. And I arrived with some prejudices. I love my Oxford Green 540i 6sp and was prepared to have equal affection for the M. I had heard dreadful comments on the board about silverstone so I was not all that interested in it. As you might expect I hated the green and loved silverstone. The only other color that appealed to me was Royal Red. It is gorgeous with caramel. It will be a tough choice for me between the two. See it live and in person if at all possible.

Best of Luck,
Rick
I agree. I saw the Red in Spartanburg as well and it was beautiful. While my car is jet black, I believe the Royal Red may actuallt look better. I would go with the black or red interior though. The caramel shows wear a lot if you're going to keep the car a while.

------------------

G

·
0 Posts
I have had my Royal Red/Caramel for about 6 months now and still love it (its my car in the link below). No question the interior is harder to keep clean than black. I recently bought a set of black floor mats since the caramel ones were getting pretty grungy. No M5 logo, but nice mats nevertheless (from Pacific BMW). They don't show the dirt, and they actually look good with the interior. Even with the cleaning issue, I would still get this combo if I were doing it again.

Jeff

·
Registered
405 Posts
Thank you for the picture - nice looking car. I've come to the conclusion that this car looks good in any color - aren't we lucky!
2000 LeMans Blue / Black Leather

1 - 12 of 12 Posts