BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess from what I read that if u do the brakes early that once the computer reaches the reminder interval and u try to reset the brake light inside the dash it won't let you.... So now I'm stuck and can't reset the light because it gives me a --- on the time.....does anybody in the bay are have the computer handheld to reset the light or know what I can do instead of wasting my time at the dealership...

Much thanks
Paul

·
Registered
6,632 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
you would think so this being the "tech" capital of the US and all...I would love to get the SW and would PAY to get trained...I digress, any good indy can reset it for you, I had the same problem, you cant reset it with any dashboard tricks.The damned think KNOWS when work has not been done and a reset is tried from what i understand, DO the maintenance first then reset...

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
You can do the brakes early no problem I did mine early. It becomes a problem if the brake pad sensor has already worn down and you reuse it then try to reset the system after. Thats when you get the "----" lines in the service indicator. You definitely need someone with ISTA or like software to reset it. Gauge cluster reset method is out the door.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts