BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw some folks mention they had placed orders. Is that true OR just anxious dealers?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
According to my dealer who I spoke with this morning, there have not been any official orders yet. People may have talked to their dealer and told them what they want and will order in the near future but there have been no official allocatons to U.S. dealerships.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My dealer states they know there allocation as of 2 weeks ago. Four (4) cars per year.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Corey Voss said:
My dealer states they know there allocation as of 2 weeks ago. Four (4) cars per year.
Huh? That doesn't jive with the information I'm hearing - and I'm in the first slot with my dealer. I got my call earlier this week to spec out the car so he could build it in the computer - That part is now done, but from what I am hearing they don't yet have an actual allocation, but expect to in the next 30 days. They expect to have the cars currently built in the system then to pick up the first allocations which from what we are hearing are expected to be week 36 to 40 build dates (Sept.). FINALLY! Now we just want the confirmation. :7:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Corey Voss said:
Trying to figure out how many cars dealers are going to be allocated. How big is your dealer that will get 4 M5's per year. What is their volume per year?

Actually I am on wait lists for an M6 convertible, which I figure is going to be less than the M6 coupe which is going to be less than the M5. So 4 M5's might equate to 0 or 1 M6 convertibles.

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts