BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any US buyers, who have actually taken delivery of their new M5, who can help with a question? Do the standard "16-Way M Sport Seats" have (non-active) width (side bolster) adjustment?

I have requested the active seats, but only because I am very thin and need seats with adjustable side bolsters. I don't really want or need my seats to be "active" but BMW is frustratingly unclear about whether the "stock" US seats have (manually) adjustable bolsters.

Or, if you DO have the active seats, are you so in love with them that you think I would be crazy not to take the option?

Also, does anyone have pics of their interior choices? Most posts with photos seem to have 10 views of the outside and not one of the inside.

Thanks!

kevintrent

·
Registered
283 Posts
I do not own an E60 M5, but as far as I am aware the non-active items DO indeed have a power adjustment for the bolster width.

I, too, find that I need width adjustment for optimal support.

In the E39 M5, the seats are simply too wide for me and my torso slides around alot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Opposite_Lock said:
I do not own an E60 M5, but as far as I am aware the non-active items DO indeed have a power adjustment for the bolster width.
You are probably right, but I'm hoping someone out there has an actual US E60 M5 example to confirm.

kevintrent

·
Registered
249 Posts
kevintrent said:
You are probably right, but I'm hoping someone out there has an actual US E60 M5 example to confirm.

kevintrent
You will get your answer soon... Some US M5's are on their way to their new homes as we speak... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts