BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at photos of the drivers door controls and there does not seem to be a switch to fold the mirrors away. I really like this feature on my cars.

Anyone know?????? :confused2

·
Registered
131 Posts
Jim Dolan said:
I looked at photos of the drivers door controls and there does not seem to be a switch to fold the mirrors away. I really like this feature on my cars.

Jim, they are standard in the UK. They fold upwards, like the 3 series, not inwards as in the E39 :typing:

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
m_five said:
The US non-M5 E60 cars don't offer power folding side view mirrors, but the M5 brochure lists "power fold up" mirrors as standard equipment. What photos are you looking at? Here's the brochure--see P. 15:
Thanks the answer is yes. I was looking at a photo of a European drives door and I did not see the usual little button.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
m_five said:
That's good news--how do you make them fold up?
The owner's manual shows the button to the left and next to the left-right switch for the exterior mirror control on the upper portion of the driver's armrest. Just like the E39, it appears that you press the same switch to swivel up, and press to swivel down, and hope that the mirrors stay synchronized so that they are both up or both down at the same time. I hate it when the mirrors are winking at you.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Digi said:
The owner's manual shows the button to the left and next to the left-right switch for the exterior mirror control on the upper portion of the driver's armrest. Just like the E39, it appears that you press the same switch to swivel up, and press to swivel down, and hope that the mirrors stay synchronized so that they are both up or both down at the same time. I hate it when the mirrors are winking at you.
Got the folding mirrors on my E60 530i - just a little button next to the L/R switch, that's right.

They work just fine - also very handy for re-setting one of the mirrors if it gets knocked in traffic, etc. - course, it doesn't let you fold them up at speed...!

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
m_five said:
The US non-M5 E60 cars don't offer power folding side view mirrors, but the M5 brochure lists "power fold up" mirrors as standard equipment. What photos are you looking at? Here's the brochure--see P. 15:
I guess the car in the brochure is a pre-prod model? It has the wrong colour grille...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Jim Dolan said:

Standard down under here in Australia. Same as comments above.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.