BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Edited flacoramos:
NEVER use venmo or any cash transfer services like paypal friends and family, zelle, etc. Regular paypal is the only one that provides some form of protection.

Original message:
Osbey is a scam, I got a message from Kimm676 saying that Osbey had the Mtech front bumper I was looking for and to email him on his Gmail account. So I did and we went back and forth with pictures and shipping, Then paid via Venmo. He said I would have shipping info the next day and nothing, then the next day I would have it after I said where is my tracking. And then he said I would have it the next day. Still nothing. He does not respond to emails anymore and I want to let this group know to watch out for Kimm676 and Osbey.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Aww man.. Sorry to hear that. Always pay with PayPal in "goods and services" mode (not friends & family). I have been scammed before ($2500) and got all my money back from PayPal.

·
1,727 Posts
Unfortunately this is a rather common occurrence. I got a similar message last year when I was looking for a sensor. Kimm was banned recently after a report in this thread. Mercy03 is a scammer: buyer beware.

NEVER use venmo or any cash transfer services like paypal friends and family, zelle, etc. Regular paypal is the only one that provides some form of protection.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya, I have used Venmo for parts before, but I used my AMEX, so they will credit me the money back at least. PayPal from here on out, I am still looking for a Mtech front bumper if anyone knows of one, Black with PDC preferred. Thanks guys and I hope everyone looks out for those two scammers

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Ya, I have used Venmo for parts before, but I used my AMEX, so they will credit me the money back at least. PayPal from here on out, I am still looking for a Mtech front bumper if anyone knows of one, Black with PDC preferred. Thanks guys and I hope everyone looks out for those two scammers
Even more ideal to Pay via credit card through paypal.

You get points and 2x protection. It can be a bit of a pain if you process a refund though as it's subject to 2-3 biz days to show.

Word of wise to the board, please make sure your paypal shipping info is always up to date! Makes the sellers life much easier.

I'll stop listing the "no-fee" way from now on posts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts