BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

101 - 120 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Most recently I need to replace my alternator and found it odd there wasn't a thread listed there about this.
After a thorough search on the board I came up with nothing. A Google search brought up some threads not found in the board search, including a DIY alternator swap thread.

I think it would be good to include it in this thread.
Here is a link to it:http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39-m5-e52-z8-discussion/191354-alternator-diy.html

Best regards,
Pablo-

·
Registered
395 Posts
Is there a fix for the headlamp leveling arms? Or the plastic tabs that hold the platform in place inside? Its where the 6mm hex points are that are broken.

·
Super Moderator
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Yes, it's been split to two lines. To find the thread, go to the Group Buy subsection, then do a Find on that page for "aluminum" (or a search within that subforum). But that doesn't get you to any specific post which rj_franklin intended.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have the 03 sealed headlamps. I ordered a replacement set from eBay for $16 for BOTH headlamps. They're plastic but they're made to be rubberized so hopefully they'll last a little longer. Looks like I will have to do the sealed headlamp repair DIY but looks like it'll be worth the impending frustration. I attached the file... hopefully it works given I'm on my Android cell.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
I love going to AutoMD - Auto Repair Information for DIY & Do-It-For-Me Car Owners and seeing how much money I save by getting to know my car better by doing it myself versus everyone else that throws their money away at stealerships or indies. I'm a really frugal dude at heart and I'm really thankful I have access to camp pendleton's automotive hobby center which has drive on lifts and 4-point lifts for $6 a hour or all day bay area rentals for $8 with a wide array of tools available :)

101 - 120 of 185 Posts