81 - 100 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Anyone selling a peake code reader?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Anyone want a DIY on wetsanding headlights, followed by clear coating. Most of the restoration kits available do nothing but bring back the shine, however offer no UV protection whatsoever, so you have to keep them waxed or they will yellow again.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Big, THANKS to all who have contribute to this. As a newbie (at least as far as M5 goes), this is a wonderful resource for me to use. Going to come in handy, if the M5 I'm looking at pans out.

Keep 'em rolling, :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Rod bearings at 100K? I hope that these engines would be able to go more than 100K miles without having to replace rod bearings......

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yay! A bunch of stuff to DIY!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
E39 - Replacement of the Left and Right Firewall Covers

As my left side firewall cover had become so brittle form age and heat cycles that when I tried removing the right side cover to gain some knuckle room while doing the Bank1 Intake CPS the left one shattered. Here is my DIY for the replacement of the Firewall Covers both Left and Right.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39-m5-e52-z8-discussion/326522-e39-replacement-left-right-firewall-covers.html#post4082610

Chowdah, would you please add this to the DIY Master List. It would fall unger Body & Trim and Engine Compartment. Thank you.

81 - 100 of 185 Posts