BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 185 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Admin has not resolved it yet.

If anyone can remember the authors of the broken links, please chime in. That could be a way to relocate them.

·
Super Moderator
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Admin & techs believe the two DIY posts have been deleted. Can anyone recall their authors? I have updated the post -- look for red.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Thanks, it's better than nothing, which is what we have since the two mysteriously disappeared.

·
Super Moderator
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #73 (Edited)
Likely answers: a) because no one has taken the time to do it, b) it must be "too easy", c) people gather the answer from searching here/web. Here is a recent discussion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Help! I used the DIY post for CPS repalcement but...

Hi everyone

After a bit of advice, please (isn't everyone - :)). After a good bit of reasearch, found the DIY thread for replacing the exhaust CPS on my baby and thought I'd give it a go. Bought the new sensors. After what seems to be the usual struggle to get the old one out, the new one won't go back in. Seems the straight sided design of the new one compared to the original 'stepped' design is causing me a problem. See attached image of old and new. The new one goes in to a point but seems to come up against a 'shoulder' inside the casing. Any ideas, please :confused:? Have a I got the correct part? I got the part number from RealOEM as 13627796054 for the exhaust CPS.

Many thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,847 Posts
You have the correct part it appears. It will go in my guess is you are not going straight in. Grease the oring before you try again. Rotate back and forth. It may not go all the way but it should start and hold then put the bolt in and gently tighten, that will put it all the way in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks, Sailor24. Did this today with a little help. Found a novel way to get to the (UK) passenger side sensor. Small hands seem to help! Only thing is, the engine management light has come back on, and I'm still getting the code 0B (CPS on cylinders 5-8) and A2 (crankshat/camshaft correlation 5-8). Any thoughts? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
61 - 80 of 185 Posts