BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this car come from the factory with a circle cutout on the flooring carpet just below the clutch pedal with a bolt? Or is this a clutch stop modification?

·
Registered
873 Posts
It supposed to have one. Some guys choose to modify it to require less pedal travel. Requires finding the sweet spot so you don’t end up with too little travel.
This DIY should help show you.
Clutch Stop DIY

·
Registered
196 Posts
That looks to me like the broken end of the threaded plastic factory stop still in the mounting hole; think you're going to need to dig that out before being able to fit a new one!

·
Registered
2 Posts
That looks to me like the broken end of the threaded plastic factory stop still in the mounting hole; think you're going to need to dig that out before being able to fit a new one!
I believe this to be the case as well. I had the same situation a few months back with my car.

I found a pick tool (straight and angled) was great to get the remnants of the clutch stop out. Once out, the hole will reveal itself to be fully threaded and a new clutch stop can go in.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Once you do get it cleared out, I suggest making (or buying) a thicker one as they feel much better than the factory plastic ones do.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Some guy here used to sell a custom adjustable clutch stop for the E39. It has a nut to adjust the length. Do a search. Not sure if he still sells them, as it was many, many moons ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts